The number of resumes, essays, and business proposals submitted daily is staggering. If you have to submit a document, you already know the competition is stiff. Your document will be one among tons of other look-alikes. How do you make your document stand out among the others so your hard work can be seen, or how do you ensure your document gets read or has priority over many other docs?
Use Google Docs to make the first impression of your document last beyond a first glance. The app is full of tools to create a notable cover page. Keep reading to learn how to create a professional Google Docs cover page that gets attention.
How to Create a Google Docs Cover Page on a PC or Mac
Take your project from mundane to fabulous when you create a cover page using Google Docs on a PC. To start, you have to use the correct browser. Google Docs works on most browsers, but its outstanding features aren’t accessible on every browser. These are the best browsers to use:
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Edge (Windows Only)
- Safari (Mac)
Make a Google Doc Cover Page from Scratch using a Browser
Now that you’ve chosen your browser, it’s time to decide how to make your cover page. One option is to make the cover page from scratch. This gives you a cover page that is uniquely yours.
- Go to the “Google Docs“ online website.
- Choose “Blank” to open a new document.
- Select “File > Page setup” to edit the page layout.
- Choose “Format > Text” to choose your text style.
- Type your cover page content.
- Click “Insert > Image” to add an image.
- Select “File > Download” to name and save your document.
Once your document is saved, you can return to make changes anytime. Explore additional features Google Docs offers for ideas to enhance your document. Remember to save your page once the changes get made.
Make a Google Doc Cover Page using Templates in a Browser
Creating a cover page on Google Docs from a blank slate is an excellent option if you are confident in your design skills. If not, you can make a cover page from Google Doc templates on Windows or macOS. Templates are a jump start to your cover page, but leave room to add your own special touches. Here’s how to modify a Google Docs template:
- Go to the “Google Docs“ online website.
- Click on “Template gallery.”
- Choose a suitable template to work with.
- Customize the template with your images, text, etc.
- Select “File > Download” to save the cover page.
You can save the cover page to your computer in several different formats so that you may edit or share it at any time.
How to Create a Cover Page in Google Docs on an iPhone
Google Docs lets you design a great-looking cover page on devices other than your PC. Although you can create a cover page using Google Docs on an iPhone, viewability is limited. Therefore, it’s not the best option. Regardless, this section shows you how to create one on your iPad.
- Open the “App Store” and tap the “Magnifying glass icon” (search icon).
- Type “Google Docs” in the search bar, then press the “search” button.
- Ensure the correct app appears, then tap “Get.”
- Tap the “Install” button in the window that pops up.
- Sign in with your Apple ID if prompted.
- Select “Open” in the “App Store” or tap the icon in your app drawer to launch Google Docs.
- Tap the “SIGN IN” link in the bottom-left section.
- Choose the correct Google account or add it if needed.
- Tap the “+” icon in the lower-right section to design a cover page from scratch.
- Select “Choose a template.”
- Browse and select the template you want to edit.
- Tap the “pencil” icon to edit the document (your cover page).
- You can edit the text using the bottom half of the screen and selecting “bold, italicized, underline, text color, highlight color, and bullet type” (if needed).
- In the top options, you can tap “undo, redo, add, and advanced text options.”
- When tapping the “+” icon (advanced text options), you can add a “link, comment, image, table, horizontal line, etc.“
- When tapping the “A” icon (advanced text options), you can edit text (“strikethrough, subscript, style, font, size, etc.“) and paragraph formatting (“alignment, line spacing, advanced bullet options, etc.“).
- Once everything is in place, tap the “checkmark” icon in the top-left corner to save the doc.
- Tapping the “vertical ellipsis” (three vertical dots) lets you export to PDF and Word (.docx) if desired.
How to Create a Cover Page Google Docs on an Android Device
It is not difficult to create an eye-catching cover page with your Android phone or tablet, although it has limited viewability like an iPhone. Google Docs works with the same ease on Android. For starters, the app has to be downloaded on your device. Follow these steps:
- Search for the Google Docs app for Android in the Google Play Store.
- Tap Install.
- Select Open.
You’re ready to create and save your cover page and have mobile access to the document. Just open the page and make changes if you suddenly have a new idea. Here’s how:
- Open the browser, go to Google Docs, and choose Blank Document.
- Tap File > Page Setup to customize the layout.
- Select Format > Text to format the text. Type your content.
- Tap Insert and Image to add an image.
- Name and save the cover page.
Using a template can be even easier with these steps:
- Open the app and select a template from the list that appears.
- Modify the template to your liking.
- Name and tap the blue checkmark at the top left to save the template.
Now the cover page is right at your fingertips. Open it for a last-minute once-over before it is submitted to its final destination.
Design a Dazzling Document
The cover page is the gateway to your document. As the saying goes, “image is everything,” and you can use Google Docs to create a cover page with a polished look with ease. You never know who will see your impressive document and where that action will lead you.
Have you used Google Docs to make a cover page? Tell us whether you think it made a positive difference in your document in the comments section below.